Austin Independent School District’s Langford Elementary Health and Physical Education Department educates students to become lifelong learners of health and wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage healthy decision-making, appropriate social skills, and lifelong physical fitness in and outside of the educational setting. Students will receive a total of 135 minutes of structured, TEKS-based physical activity each week.
- To pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity, a physically literate individual:
- Has learned skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and physical activity;
- Knows the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities;
- Does include healthy habits including physical activity in daily life;
- Is fit, healthy and ready to learn;
- Values physical activity and health as they relate to a healthful lifestyle.
|T -||Jumping Jacks|
|U -||High Knees|
|C -||Toe Touches|
|K -||Push Ups|
|E -||Curl Ups|
|R -||Abdominal Stretch|